Thursday, August 5, 2010

Roasted Potatoes with Red Onions

Tonight, I decided to focus a little more on my side dish in stead of focusing on my entree. If you're wondering why I haven't been posting everyday, it's because I sometimes repeat recipes.  When you have favorites, sometimes you want to have them more than once in a while.

Tonight, I prepared the Roasted Potatoes with Onions.  Apparently, it's a dish that they serve at Olive Garden, but I've never had it.  I suppose that I haven't ever ordered an entree at Olive Garden that gave me the option to choose a side.  These potatoes smelled so delicious while they were baking. I love the smell of rosemary.  It definitely has a very distinctive aroma and adds lots of flavor to any dish.

I paired this side dish with the Sicilian Chicken.  I've already posted the recipe for that.  It has stewed tomatoes, red wine vinegar, cinnamon and olives.  I love it so much.

Roasted Potatoes and Red Onions
2 lbs small red potatoes
1 red onion, large – cut in 1” pieces
8 garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
6 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Parsley, chopped
Fresh rosemary sprigs, as needed

Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
Wash potatoes and cut into quarters. Combine potatoes and onions in large mixing bowl. Add garlic, rosemary, oil, butter, salt and pepper. Toss to thoroughly coat potatoes and onions with seasonings. Arrange potatoes and onions in a single layer on a sheet tray. Cut side of potatoes should touch baking pan. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Garnish with chopped parsley and fresh rosemary sprigs. Serve immediately.

I also salted them when I took them out of the oven.  If you decide to try this, make sure you give yourself plenty of prep time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment