Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poppyseed Chicken Casseroles

For Christmas, my parents gave me the most wonderful little dishes.  They are called Rachael Ray Bubble and Brown Singles.  I thought it would be really cool to prepare an entire meal in individual servings.  This was my first attempt at using them for that purpose.

This recipe is one of the first meals that I cooked in my new house.  It's a family favorite and I'm sure you'll love it too.  It's so simple and the ingredient list is really short. I have cooked my chicken different ways to use in this recipe.  I find the easiest is boiling it.  It's a bit more mindless than grilling and you're less likely to burn your meat.

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
3 lbs. Chicken Breast (cooked & cut into pieces)
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 Stick Margarine (melted)
2 Sleeves Ritz Crackers (crushed)
2 Tbs Poppy Seeds
Preheat oven to 350°.

Mix soup and sour cream together, and mix with chicken. Pour into 9 X 13 baking dish. (I buttered dish before adding chicken). Add the melted margarine to the crushed Ritz Crackers and mix thoroughly. Place on top of chicken. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of Poppy seeds.

Bake at 350 degrees (uncovered) for about 30 minutes or until Bubbly.

If for some random reason, you get drug tested...remember that you had the poppy seeds and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment