Monday, August 9, 2010

Bacon, Blue Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Chicken with Corn on the Cob

It's really tough to keep finding new recipes to use on here, but I enjoy expanding my cooking repertoire. I tend to gravitate to recipes that have ingredients that I like.  It is also a plus if I don't have to buy every ingredient in the recipe.  It's a lot of work when you don't have at lot of things.  I try to plan recipes with like ingredients close enough together so I can use them up before they go bad.  For example, I planned this recipe close to the other blue cheese recipe (the Buffalo Chicken) so I would have no problem using all the cheese.  I could have also used it on a salad or something similar.  I didn't make them back to back, but did plan them close together.

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.  It's a great website to find all different kinds of dishes.  There are categories to search various possibilities. You may also search for a specific recipe you would like to try. 

I made a few changes to this recipe.  I broke my rule, but in this case, I thought I would be pretty safe and I saved myself some time in the long run.  The recipe called for pounding the chicken to 1/4 inch thickness, putting the spinach mixture on them and wrapping the breasts and securing with toothpicks. I felt stuffing the breasts would be much better. I was correct.

Chicken Breast Stuffed with
Spinach, Blue Cheese and Bacon
8 slices bacon, cooked crispy
4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
1 (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
¼ tsp. salt
2 Tbs. olive oil

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Stir together spinach (thawed and squeezed dry in paper towel), blue cheese and crumbled bacon. Lay the chicken breast halves out on a clean surface and cut an opening to fill them with mixture (be careful not to go all the way through chicken). Using the same pan you cooked bacon in (drain the fat), heat the oil over medium-high heat. Quickly brown each piece of chicken on top and bottom. Place breasts in baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes until juices run clear and filling is hot. Serve immediately.

I highly recommend this recipe and I will definitely prepare it again. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment