Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chocolate Martinis

Tonight, for my meal, I prepared several favorites.  Alice Spring's Chicken (Outback), Corn on the Cob and Grilled Zucchini.  I've prepared all of these things for The Orange Skillet before so I don't really need to share the recipes with you again.  I never really posted how I prepared the corn, but it's not difficult. I boiled it in water.  I've heard that you can also microwave it, but I haven't tried that method yet.

The pièce de résistance for tonight's meal was the chocolate martini I had while I prepared it. Three years ago, my friend Michelle had me over to her house and we had the MOST delicious martinis.  The recipe was from Michelle's friend Melissa. For the longest time, Melissa referred to me as "Michelle's friend, Ross" and I called her "Michelle's friend, Melissa." Anyhoo, Melissa gave  me the best recipe for this sweet favorite and I am going to share it with you.  I won't lie to you, though...it's expensive.



Melissa's Chocolate Martinis
1 ½ shots Godiva choc liqueur
1 ½ shots crème de cacao (clear kind – not dark)
½ shot vodka
3 shots milk

Mix all ingredients in shaker with ice. Shake. Stain into chilled martini glass drizzled with chocolate syrup.

The Godiva liqueur alone costs $26 - $30 per bottle. I found it on sale.  It will last for a while unless you plan to make one for all your friends too. It is very important that you use the clear crème de cacao.  My friend, Stephanie, and I tried both the dark and the clear and we only approve of the clear. It doesn't really matter what kind of vodka you use.  I usually buy whatever is cheapest for this recipe (because I've already spent my money on the Godiva).  If you prefer, you can leave it out altogether. Drink safely and never drink intoxicated. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment