Thursday, July 29, 2010

Citrus Grilled Salmon, Zucchini and Corn on the Cob

Sometimes recipes can find you in the oddest of places. My mom actually discovered this from the fishmonger (person who sells fish) at Sam's Wholesale Club.  Occasionally, at these huge warehouse places have really delicious buys and this was definitely one of them. The fishmonger told my mom how to cook the fish and make it delicious and it always has been.  I don't have a membership for Sam's, but I don't love my Costco card and they also have fresh fish. I prefer the wild salmon.  It can be expensive, but a little goes a long way.  To save money, you can get a fillet of frozen salmon at Walmart for around $8 - $10.

The grilled salmon is very easy to prepare.  Plug in your George Foreman Grill.  Rub the salmon with extra virgin olive oil (not too much). Sprinkle the fish with Citrus Grill Rub and throw it on the grill. Grill until the salmon flakes with a fork.

There is also a sauce that tastes great with this citrus grilled salmon.  It's mostly mayonnaise and sour cream, so if you're interested in keeping this healthy, you may want to skip the sauce. The recipe for the sauce is 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 3/4 tsp. citrus grill seasoning (the same that we put on the fish) and a sprinkle of dill (or whatever flavor you wish to add to your sauce). Mix all the ingredients and chill prior to preparing the salmon.

I have to say, this is an extremely great meal and the vegetables you see on my plate were prepared by my friend Shelly. 

Grilled Zucchini
2 zucchini halved and sliced
extra virgin olive oil
garlic salt
pepper
freshly shredded Parmesan

Heat your pan over medium heat with a tbs. of oil. Add the zucchini and lightly grill using the the garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.  Just before you finish, shred fresh Parmesan into the skillet and toss with the zucchini. 

I hope you enjoy these delicious and healthy options. Enjoy!!



1 comment:

  1. Is the "citrus grill rub" a particular brand? Is it available at Wal Mart? I have some frozen salmon and I'd love to try this!

    ReplyDelete