Monday, January 24, 2011

An Addition to my Kitchen

My favorite new kitchen item has been the best addition to my kitchen.  With some money that I got for Christmas, I started the search for the newest member of my kitchen family.  I immediately thought about getting a salt pig.  If you've never heard of one, you probably are now picturing a dead pig covered in salt (it isn't that).  A salt pig is a container that sits on the counter top and is filled with salt. I was a bit uncomfortable having something that was always open, so instead I began searching for salt boxes.  I found some great salt boxes on the QVC.com website. I chose the box that has two sections.  I have salt in the top one and pepper in the bottom.  It's so easy to just literally put a pinch of salt into the dish or have it ready for my seasoning.  I highly recommend having one of these in your kitchen.  I love my salt and pepper mills, but when you need to add salt, I don't have two hands free to use them.  Also, if there is any kind of steam coming up from the dish, it could cause the salt or pepper to stick in the mill or shaker. If you think this might work for you, I highly suggest these.  They have a variety of sizes and and one even has space for four herbs/spices.  Just go to QVC.com (or anywhere) and type 'salt box' or 'salt pig' into the search box. 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I've been contemplating getting something like this & I might just get this exact thing! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete