Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pork Chops - Two Easy Recipes

It's summer and one of my favorite things to do is grill out.  Of course, I should probably say one of my favorite things is to eat grilled food. Whether gas or charcoal, grilling out makes food taste better. The smokey flavor that you can get with the grill isn't really something that is safe for indoors. Several weeks ago, I purchased a 6 1/2 pound pork tenderloin from Costco.  I cut the center into pork chops and used the ends to make BBQ and had my parents over.  I managed to get about 12 pork chops that would fairly small so I put planned to use two for each plate.  I used four for each of three different recipes. I've already posted the Baked Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy. I will post the other two tonight.

Zesty Grilled Pork Chops

¾ cup soy sauce
¼ cup lemon juice
1 Tbs. chili sauce
1 Tbs. brown sugar
¼ tsp. garlic powder
6 rib or loin pork chops (¾ inch thick)

In a large Ziploc bag or shallow glass container, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Remove ¼ cup for basting and refrigerate. Add pork chops to remaining marinade; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, turning once.

Drain chops, discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. Grill 4-7 minutes longer or until juices run clear.


The second recipe is one that everyone should have in their repertoire. It is probably one of the absolute easiest things you can do to either a pork chop or a chicken breast and make people think you're an amazing cook.

Italian Grilled Pork Chop or Chicken Breast
Pork Chops or Chicken Breasts
Italian Dressing

Place your meat of choice into a Ziploc bag.  Add Italian Dressing to the Ziploc bag (a sufficient amount to cover the meat). Grill meat.



On the night I was going to fix these, we happened to run out of propane so these were grilled on the George Foreman (Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine) Grill. Can you tell I like green beans?  Okay, my mom probably just fell out of her chair after reading that. when I was a kid, I would sit at the table for hours because I would refuse to eat my green beans. I hope you enjoy these recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment