Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Coffee Cup Brownies

Have you ever been sitting in front of the television wishing you had something sweet, but didn't want to take the time to make something?  Have you ever made brownies and not had the will power to keep from eating the entire pan?  I have the answer to both of these questions.  Why not just make a smaller portion in only a few minutes.

A few years ago my friend, Helen, gave me this recipe.  I have used it countless times since that time I have made these on many occasions. These brownies are named Coffee Cup Brownies because they are actually made in coffee cups.Just enjoy delight for one person to enjoy. I own these cool little things by Rachael Ray called Bubble and Browns.  They're roughly the same size as a coffee cup and perfect for this recipe.



Of course, I have used a regular coffee up, but there are a few things you might want to consider.  Make sure your coffee cup has no metallic embossing.  You are going to be making these in the microwave so naturally, no metal. Also, teacups are probably either too thin or incorrectly shaped for this to turn out well.

Coffee Cup Brownies
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup Sugar
2 Tbs. Cocoa (1/8 cup)
Dash of salt
2 Tbs. oil (1/8 cup)
2 Tbs. water (1/8 cup)


In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (I use a small whisk and do this to sift the ingredients). Add oil and water and whisk until smooth. Transfer batter to coffee cup (or another small microwavable container) and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. 

Allow time to cool or brownies will fall apart.



I recommend serving these with a scoop of ice cream and caramel syrup, but you can do whatever you like. As always, comment and share!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment