Friday, August 1, 2014

Chicken Cilantro

The recipe for today, takes me back to my high school years.  Our Spanish teacher, Ms. Martin, assigned us a task for finding "authentic" Spanish recipes.  This was the other recipe I found (the first one being empanadas as I posted last week). I'm not certain how authentic it is, but it is certainly delicious. One very important thing to remember is to have fresh cilantro.  It makes all the difference.  

Chicken Cilantro
2 chicken breasts, cubed
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
fresh cilantro

Season cubed chicken with salt and pepper (at least an hour ahead of time would be best). Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion until it begins to turn translucent, then add garlic. After a few minutes, add chicken.  Make sure the chicken is evenly distributed so it can cook properly.  Allow sufficient time to cook stirring occasionally to make sure chicken is thoroughly cooked. Add a little more salt and pepper to taste and snip fresh cilantro into the skillet.  I like a lot of cilantro for this (it is CILANTRO chicken after all).  If you want, you can use a little lime juice in with the chicken while it's cooking.


This is a delicious way to prepare chicken and when it's cubed, it cooks much faster.  That's less time for you to spend standing over the stove.  I prepared green beans (because it's what I had), but you can serve over rice or whatever.  It will make anything better. If you use fresh limes for your lime juice, be sure to include some of the zest. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  Comment, share and enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I go grocery shopping soon, and I think I may give this a try!

    ReplyDelete